Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Back at it!


I have once again decided to enjoy my own reality and this time head out yonder westard, previously unseen by me. I originally was going to title this post "On the Road Again", and copyright infringements aside, it just didn't really do me justice. I am more than just on the road although in the past week and one day since leaving Houston I have put around 1800 ($300 in gas) miles on my new car and perhaps 1.8 miles on my feet, so in essence I have traveled 1000 times more on the road than off. It's also the second time in one year that I have done this thing in my car. So perhaps I have just proved that I am indeed "On the Road Again"

I am just about to head off to an Arizona Diamondbacks game so I will leave you briefly the reason as to why am doing this adventure. Most everyone is at least somewhat puzzled as to why I am continually leaving home, although I have run into a few people who are completely hands down in favor of me doing his. Even a 64 year old man gave me his full blessing for this journey along with some encouragement to visit Perth, Australia. The best I can offer as a reason comes from a quote from a young man who did something similar to what I am doing, only about 16 years ago.

"So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future."

In statistics we take a wide variety of samples before we draw conclusions and thus I feel it necessary to continually take samples of this world before I can truly feel content with settling down. My travels are just a small means of taking a small sample of what's "out there".

I am just ridiculously lucky to be able to travel in my own way.

1 comment:

Stefanos said...

You are lucky and Blessed to be healthy and be able to be "on the road again." Hope you find good samples for your future.